Thursday, October 4, 2018

Our Adventure Begins...



First of all...  In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a product representative and I have no relation with the Oboz company aside from a pair of their great boots on my feet and the fact that I spent a fair amount of time in their neck of the woods.  Heck, I've never endorsed anything in my life!  But I thought that, with this blog, I'd put in a plug for a great pair of boots and bore you with some of our vacation photos at the same time.  Gotta love multitasking!

I graduated from Montana State University in 1985—back when the Bozeman campus was the only MSU.  

Fast forward a few years (33 to be exact).  I was in REI looking for some maps and I wandered back to the boot area where I overheard the REI rep talking to a customer.  He talked about a boot that was designed to be tough and was built for smokejumpers, forest service workers, and others who live outdoors.  I asked if he was talking about White boots (never known REI to carry Whites…but stranger things have happened).  He said “no, Oboz.”  I looked at the box and saw the God’s Country area code (406) and phone number printed on the side. I remarked that they are from Montana and he told me Oboz is based in Bozeman.  Hmmm.  I almost bought a pair right then, but, hey...I've already got a pair of hiking boots.

As I was preparing for a trip to the Four-Corners area, Monument Valley, and the beautiful Desert Southwest, I looked at my old Merrill boots.  The soles looked like a pair of bald tires.  I decided that hiking around places like the Grand Canyon on bald tires is not a good idea, so I headed down to REI and picked up a pair of Oboz Sawtooth boots.  A couple of days later, Donna tried on a pair of Keens she had.  They just weren’t fitting right, so she headed down to REI.  She has funky feet (having two kids will do that to a woman), so she got a pair of men’s Sawtooth’s as well.  To put it mildly… WE LOVE OUR OBOZ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment